Developing Citizen Science projects
Citizen Science is a fast upcoming method for research, monitoring, and citizen participation in the water and environment sector. However, creating such citizen science projects is often much more complicated than foreseen. And you have only one chance to do it right, and not disappoint the citizens you want to involve. We, therefore, advise and assist in creating and developing such a citizen science project.
- Feasibility study to advise whether a citizen science project concerning your water-related issue or research question is feasible.
- Project set-up, including among others:
- Fieldwork methodology and manual development
- Validation methods
- Stakeholder mapping, in order to a.o. define the best public to involve as citizen scientists
- Making a communication and engagement plan (including feedback of results, fora, visualizing data, etc.)
- Training of the citizens
- Piloting and testing the citizen science projects
- Optimization of the citizen science projects
- Maintenance and continuation for citizen science communities and citizen observatories
Training to develop Citizen Science projects
Of course, if your organization is interested in more than just 1 citizen science project, you might want to consider learning about citizen science, and how to implement and develop projects. We offer masterclasses or workshops, customizable to your wishes. For example:
- An introductory class about: What is Citizen Science, the benefits of Citizen Science, when to apply it, and a small window into the how of it all. This could be for about 1 or 2 hours.
- A workshop applicable to a water issue you have in mind, which we will use as a case study to go through the process of designing a citizen science project. This ranges from half a day to two days, depending on your wishes.
- A short course citizen science design process. If you are interested in a completely tailored and full understanding of all aspects and facets of citizen science.